Shorai LFX Lithium Iron Battery
Shorai LFX Lithium motorcycle batteries are some of the lightest and most powerful replacement batteries available. Most powersports enthusiasts have gotten used to hooking up a tender to their lead-acid batteries, all the time. Shorai LFX have a much slower self-discharge than the best lead acid batteries (1/6 to 1/7, on average), they do not sulfate as capacity drops, and they are the ultimate “deep cycle” battery. This means that they can still crank your vehicle even if the remaining capacity is quite low. A fully charged LFX can sit for a year or more and still retain adequate starting capacity, without damaging the battery. As such, any vehicle which has no current flowing when the key is OFF should not need a tender. At most this battery only needs to be charged every 6 to 12 months, depending on the use and average storage temperature. Newer vehicles may have a significant draw even when the key is OFF, to maintain clocks and computers, etc. In this case Shorai expects that a few hours of riding per month will be all that is needed to avoid tending. If you know that you will go a number of weeks or months without riding, you can either attach a tender, or disconnect the negative cable from the battery. In any case, during storage you may use the voltage chart above and an accurate voltmeter, and consider recharging when the battery is around the 50% capacity remaining mark, or above.
- Faster cranking for better starts
- Ultra light- one fifth the weight of lead-acid batteries on average
- Holds unloaded charge for one year without maintenance
- Zero sulfation for longer service life
- Super-fast recharge rate
- No explosive gasses during charge, no lead, no acid
- Military spec carbon composite case
- Multiple terminal connection options
- Includes adhesive back foam sheets
- Factory activated
- Environmentally friendly
- 2 year warranty
- All Shorai Batteries require charging out of the box prior to use.
- It is extremely important that you use only the appropriate battery for your bike. A battery with incorrect amperage may damage the battery and your bike.
- Shorai Batteries require a charging system output of 13.1 Volts or higher at idle and must not exceed 15.2 volts at maximum output.
- Shorai Batteries may not be a drop in replacement for all bikes, some modification to battery box, terminals etc may be necessary.
- Shorai recommends NOT using a charger or tender if it has a desulfation mode which cannot be turned off. Shorai has confirmed that the Battery Tender brand does NOT have a desulfation mode and are OK for use with Shorai LFX batteries. However the best possible charger/tender for the Shorai LFX is the Shorai SHO-BMS01 Battery Management System.